Fan of many things: Dr. Who, Harry Potter, Glee, StarKid, Avengers, Tom Hiddleston, Julia Child, all of which will show up here.
NEVER EVER TOUCH A WRITER/ARTIST/ANYONE’S PERSONAL NOTEBOOK. DO NOT GRAB IT
DO NOT GRAB IT AND TAKE IT
DO NOT TAKE IT
DO NOT TAKE IT
DO NOT LOOK THROUGH IT WITHOUT THEIR EXPLICIT AND CONSISTENT PERMISSION
THERE IS A REASON IT IS THEIR PERSONAL NOTEBOOK AND NOT THEIR PUBLIC EVERYONE GRAB IT NOTEBOOK
I DON’T CARE IF YOU ARE JUST PICKING IT UP TO SEE SOMETHING I AM SHOWING TO YOU
DO NOT TOUCH IT
A writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.
Thomas Mann (via maxkirin)
Convince yourself that you are working in clay, not marble, on paper not eternal bronze: Let that first sentence be as stupid as it wishes.
Jacques Barzun (via maxkirin)
Lillian Weber, a 99-year-old good Samaritan from Iowa, has spent the last few years sewing a dress a day for the Little Dresses For Africa charity, a Christian organization that distributes dresses to children in need in Africa and elsewhere.
Weber’s goal is to make 1,000 dresses by the time she turns 100 on May 6th. So far, she’s made more than 840. Though she says she could make two a day, she only makes one – but each single dress she makes per day is personalized with careful stitchwork. She hopes that each little girl who receives her dress can take pride in her new garment.
This is so incredibly precious, this actually makes me tear up with happiness!
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
These are probably some of the most powerful pictures I’ve ever seen and some hit close to home.